So much for the photo with Santa for the divine little q's memory book. She has been saying "Santa" as in Hi Santa and Bye Bye Santa for the past couple of days. She was even willing to wave at this Santa from a distance - but when it was time for our photo - well see above. Having a child is so humbling for those of us who are control freaks. Perfect outfit, well rested - I can visualize the PERFECT holiday shot - so this is what I get. Ah the benefits of the past 20 months though - I just smiled and there are a lot of shots like this which will make it into the scrapbook - instead of the fantasy photo of my little girl tugging on Santa's beard. Maybe next year . . .
1 comment:
You know they (who ever "they" is) say the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Let's just say my road is now a pristine six-lane promenade. :-)
I remember Noah falling to pieces when we hired a Barney for his 1st birthday party. Noah was not very interested in Santa Claus, either.
I think as adults we forget, or can't remember, what it's like to be at that age. We're armed with all we know now, but to a toddler it's all new--and sometimes scary.
Hang in there. It does get better.
Post a Comment