01 December 2009

Journal Your Christmas

One of the hardest things for me in recent years has been figuring out how to make it all work - "all" meaning my marriage, my professional life, motherhood and then finding time for me.  I have a wonderful supportive husband who would give me the world if he could - but it is hard to ask for the world if you don't know what it is.  One of the things that we have identified that I love to do and that makes me happy is  scrapbooking, paper crafting and any other creative pursuit that I can test out.  

So for this month - in pursuit of what makes me happy - I am participating in an online workshop called Journal Your Christmas. It starts today and goes through January 6th.  I have not decided whether I am going to blog it,  written journal it or craft it - but I am just happy that I am doing it.

Today's prompt is to write your manifesto - the "why" that you joined the workshop.  I am going to blog mine - with soft plans to go back and create a layout later.

My Manifesto
Starting today, December 1, 2009, I will keep a Christmas Journal.  In it I will capture the holiday traditions that my family honors - both those that we brought as individuals to our marriage and those that we are creating in the family we created in 2005.  I will also use this journal to remind me how much I love Christmas - selecting and decorating our tree, getting the ornaments out of storage and remembering the stories of how they arrived in our home and this year in particular - celebrating the joy of the lights, glitter and love through the eyes of our child.  And last but not least, remembering that we are celebrating the birth of Jesus - a gift more precious than a pot of gold.

So there you have it - day one of Journal Your Christmas - how cool is this?


2 comments:

Emily said...

i love it. what a great way to chronicle the holidays.

Matthew said...

This is great. I look forward hearing how it goes, and learning more about your holiday traditions.