Somewhere, I have a picture of me on Christmas Day about 25 years ago sitting on the couch in my Mom's living room. You can see out the window behind me the sun shining and a palm tree blowing in the wind. I love that photo. Lack of snow did not make it less " Christmasy" but since I moved East "permanently" some 15 years ago - I have become addicted to the idea of the change of seasons and frankly get disappointed if there is no snow on Christmas Day.
Mind you, I don't drive in snow and I am always terrified about slipping and falling on the ice - so my great affection for snow just means that I think it is pretty.
This year we are headed to Colorado for Christmas - so I will definitely be getting my snow - too bad that the divine little q is too young to learn to make snow angels. I used to make them in NJ at my grandparents house and thought they were so cool.
A shout out of thanks to Shimelle for suggesting some great prompts for holiday memories - I never would have thought about the weather and Christmas. Yet it makes me smile thinking about all the places I have spent Christmas and whether or not there was snow . . . or at least cold weather!

No comments:
Post a Comment